Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Shooting Stars

They say the 2011 Geminid meteor shower peaks on the night of Dec. 13-14. Which means that I can finally see shooting stars!!! Yeapii!! All the while, the image of shooting stars in my mind appears like what it is in the TV. So fantasize! 


I was looking forward to see the shooting stars! I've longed for it! Feeling so excited when I was on my way out, I love stars so much.. Recalling the times daddy used to sing a song to coax me to bed " Starry, Starry night.Paint your palette blue and grey.....Don McLean's  Vincent (Starry, Starry Night) 

The power of shooting stars is STRONG! Although we're having our finals, still everyone stood outside for the meteor shower. As I reach outside, someone told me they saw shooting stars! I was extremely excited and rushed out to see! Initially, I couldn't see a thing, my friends told me it's tiny and hard to see, we have to concentrate on an angle and look REALLY carefully. *By the way, it's a cloudy night.* 


 You might thought that I'll see something like this. 

Or like this. . . . BUT...
The answer is NO! 

I saw something as thin as spiderwebs just stroke down in less than a sec! I wonder if that's shooting stars, because it's not obvious. They say yes! ME IS SO HAPPIEEE!!! Many others failed to see, and they say it's just our imagination. I hope it's not my imagination. It's fast, and unclear, but I really hope that's real. People used to say, "If you make a wish when you see a shooting star, your wish will come true."
I wanted to make a wish, and always tell myself I will make a wish if I ever see one of it! Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. It's TOO FAST! *sob*

Hoping to see another meteor shower soon. NASA said it'll happen every year! Yesh! I'm gonna see them again in US! *claps* 
Wokay, story ends here! I'm having Psychology and Economics exam tomorrow! Wish me luck! =)

Oh yeah, by the way, I found this video clip from NASA's webpage! Maybe you'll get an idea on how the shooting stars look like in real. 


- E N J O Y -

No comments:

Post a Comment